Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Great Tip for New Stamps

Whenever I learn something new that makes stamping easier and more beautiful, I can hardly wait to try it and share it with you.  I recently learned a great secret to making new stamps give crisp clear images the first time instead of being frustrated that the ink won't stick to the stamp.

This is particularly noticeable with the solid stamps.  Below is a sample using the Tart and Tangy (111514) stamp set.  When your stamps come from the manufacturer, they have a slight haze or film on them which keeps the ink from "soaking in" to the rubber.  There are several ways to remove this haze, but my favorite one is the easiest one by far. 

Take your StazOn All-Purpose Cleaner and coat the stamp.  Use your Stampin Scrub to clean it off (no need to add any cleaner to the scrubber).  Ink up your stamp and you're all set.  Keep in mind, solid stamps need to be pressed into the ink pad a little longer than line art or greeting stamps so give them time to absorb some of the ink.  It also helps to rub the stamp on the ink pad just once across to get it started.

See what a difference it makes?



Thanks for peeking in and I hope this little tip helps you enjoy your stamps even more.

Have a great day!
~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. yes funny i brought new stamps on weekend, and grrr the picture one i wanted didnt come out at all well, the writing one did you will see when i post pic i made lol, but didnt bother yet to try the flower one, so was pleased to read your tip will try that
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - let me know how it turns out. I bet it will work beautifully for you! So glad to see you posting here... hope you're feeling better and healing well!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors