Monday, August 8, 2011

Morning Cup

I really love this stamp set - Morning Cup (w-116988 c-120489).  I think it is one of my favorites in the catalog right now.  Yes, it was in last year's catty too... and I loved it then too.  I stamped the stack of cups and saucers in a stack of their own with Black StazOn ink (101406) onto Watercolor Paper (122959).  Then I used my Stampin' Write Markers of various colors to color them in, but just a little.  The Aqua Painter (103954) was used to spread the ink around and give the coloring a nice watercolored look.  LOVE how the markers and aqua brushes work together.

The coffee pot and the cup and saucer were cut out and popped up with Dimensionals (104430).  The ribbon along the side is the 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain in Daffodil Delight (119770) and then attached with Sticky Strip (104294)


Cardstock used is Peach Parfait and Chocolate Chip with a little So Saffron as a mat under the Watercolor Paper.

I hope you enjoyed and were inspired to get this adorable little set.

~ Donna

6 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to be the first person to comment. It's very cute, however, I don't think I would like cutting out the pot and cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you would hate the cutting part, BUT, you could use your super sharp hobby blade (aka exacto knife) to cut out the inside of the coffee handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm......maybe. Still, it's very cute. In fact, I think it's "stinkin' cute!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love "stinkin' cute!!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a GREAT look with the crinkley ribbon! I might just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! I have this set and always looking for new ideas ; ) thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors