Sunday, January 8, 2012

Be My Valentine

I finally got the urge to create today and put together a card.  You would think with me being off work this past week with Hubby and his surgery that I would have had a lot of time to create while he was resting, but that just wasn't the case.  When I did have time, I just didn't have the mojo.  Believe me I tried and hated everything that I created... Yuck!

So, today, one day before heading back to work, I came up with this.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out too.

This card uses a little from the Occasions Mini and a very small sneak peek at some DSP from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. 

Look closely and you'll see some adorable little embossed hearts across the top and the bottom of the Real Red cardstock.  They are from the Adorning Accents Embossing Folders from the Occasions Mini (125601).  It's comes in a set of three, but the little hearts are my favorite from the set.

The sneak peek of DSP is in the hearts.  The DSP is FREE with every $50.00 in purchases from any catalog during the Sale-a-Bration event beginning January 24th through March 31st.  The DSP is called "Everyday Enchantment".  It's really beautiful!  You should have received the Mini in your mail in December if you are on my mailing list.

I love being able to use the tree from Thoughts & Prayers for something happy.  Seems it's always used for Sympathy Cards.


Recipe:

Cardstock:  Whisper White and Real Red
Ink:  Real Red stamp pad and Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
DSP:  Everyday Enchantment (available January 24th)
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) wood only available; Thoughts & Prayers (113252) wood only and Delightful Dozen (w-122650 / c-122652) for the inside stamp.
Punches:  Heart to Heart (119881) and Modern Label (119849)

Thanks for peeking in.  Valentine's Day is just around the corner so don't let the time get away from you!  There are some adorable sets in the Occasions Mini, so be sure to check them out.

Happy Sunday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the red tree!

    Hugs...Danita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I like it too. Seems we use that for Sympathy stuff too often, so I thought it would be nice to make it something happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors