Monday, October 8, 2012

Tootsie Pop Witches Broom

There are several versions of this cute project online.  Here's mine.

Inside every wonderful delivery from Stampin' Up, we receive FREE, yes FREE project paper.  Ok, so it's really this great brown packing paper, but hey, it's free and you can make some cute projects out of it! 

I tried several ways of using the paper, thinking at first I could use the Scallop Circle Bigz Die, but it was too small so I ended up using the Circle Scissors (now retired, but sooo useful) and cut several layers at one time at 6".

Using two circles, fold them in half and then in half again and cut slits from the outside in, leaving plenty of room uncut so you can tie it off at the top.  Snip a very tiny hole at the point so the sucker stick will go through.  Open up the snipped circles and insert the stick in the middle.  Using the linen thread wrap it tightly around the paper and stick.  Tie it off with a tight knot.

Some of the samples I saw used our Stampin' Write marker to color the stick, but I don't recommend it.  Since it isn't permanent it comes off on your hands. Especially if a child or adult (yes, we love suckers too) decides to eat the sucker, moisture causes the  color to come off very easily.  I can just see black lips and black fingers!  Ewww!  You could probably use a Sharpie Permanent marker, but the stick looks great just plain.

Decorate as desired.


Stamps:  Bootiful Occasions (w-126595 / c-126597)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive
Ink:  Black StazOn, Old Olive
Stampin' Write Pens:  Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Gumball Green
Punches:  2 3/8" Scallop Circle (118874), Curly Label (119851)
Dies:  2 1/2" from Circles #2 Originals, Scallops from Perfect Pennants BigzL

Have a great day!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. How cute!!! And I just bought a bag of Tootsie Pops (you know, for all the trick-or-treaters we get out here in the boonies, lol). Really adorable treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you didn't have high hopes, (you know, for all those trick-or-treaters you get in the boonies), I think I only counted 17 suckers in my bag of Tootsie Pops! Jeeze.

    Since you probably don't have any of my cool FREE project paper, you can do the same thing with the natural color coffee filters too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors