Monday, March 18, 2013

Make a Monster Birthday

Here is the other card we made at Barbie's workshop this weekend.  Thank you to Kristi for lending me this stamp set.  Not having little one's around to make this for, I just don't have the need for many kids' sets.  Barbie wanted a little boy card for a birthday coming up, so here's what I found.  

This card is an Easel Card that stands up by opening and sliding the cover behind the ribbon so it stands up without falling over.  I saw the idea for the monsters on Splitcoast Stampers but the person didn't have a watermark and I didn't realize it until after I had it printed out and at home ready to try my version.  I changed a few things to go with the supplies and stamps I had available.



Start with an 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of card stock.  Score it at 4 1/4" and at 6 3/8".  The card will still end up as the standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  

The main part of the card (real red here) is 5 1/4" x 4", 
Watercolor paper at 5" x 3 3/4".  
Polka dot paper is 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" - for the sets I made for the workshop, I made the dotted paper at 4" instead to get more out of a sheet without having so much waste.

Punch your "moon" out of  Gumball Green and Lucky Limeade with the 2 1/2" punch.  Use the 3/4" circle, the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and the 1/2" circle to make craters on the moon.

To know where to stamp your monsters (aka aliens) lightly trace the "moon" onto the watercolor paper so you can position your monsters exactly where you want either using the Stamp-a-Majig for wood or the Clear Mount stamps.  THIS would be a perfect card to have had the Photopolymer CLEAR stamps!

Stamp the "stars" using the dots from French Foliage.

Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamps:  French Foliage (w-120845 / c-121166), Make a Monster (w-118742 / c-120606)
Card Stock:  Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Real Red, Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade
DSP:  Polka Dot Parade (126902), Sunshine and Sprinkles (126922)*
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Stampin' Write Markers:  Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Accessories:  Soda Pop Tops (129388)*, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (Real Red), Google Eyes (retired from Holiday Mini)
Tools:  Big Shot (for smashing the pop tops!), Curly Label Punch (119851), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), 1/2" Circle Punch (119869), 3/4" Circle Punch (119873), 1" Circle Punch (119868).

Thanks for looking in... Sorry for the long details!  :)

~ Donna



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors