Monday, May 13, 2013

A Very Busy Weekend - Worth Every Minute!

For those of you who follow regularly, my apologies for being MIA... here is what I was preparing for and then doing this weekend that kept me from making the time to post.

My BFF, Danita, from Willcox, Arizona (a three hour drive from Phoenix) wanted to have a Stampin' Up! workshop for her Scrapbooking ladies and of course I'm up for any excuse to go and see her, her daughter and her granddaughter.  Yayyy!  

Big Thanks to Brittney for going with me on the driving and helping the ladies with their projects.  I couldn't have done it without her help, especially when the library board wanted their room back earlier than what our reservation was for!  Most of ladies have never made a card, so it was fun to have real newbies to work with.

Here is what we made and some pictures of the crafters.  Thank you ladies for coming and having so much fun stamping and creating!


Hello Baby Recipe:

Stamps: Sweet Essentials (w-126455 / 126457)
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple
Card Stock:  Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
DSP:  Print Poetry Paper Stack (2012 Spring Mini)
Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (117335), Modern Label Punch (119849), 7/8" Scallop Punch
Etc.: Linen Thread (104199)


 Chalkboard Birthday - All details can be seen on my previous post here.


Here are the sweet ladies from Willcox, Arizona


Our Hostess Danita (in red), her daughter Crystal (sitting down) and her granddaughter Anna.  Standing is Brittney, helping Anna it looks like.



Here we are after the workshop doing a little catching up.  Never enough time together, but we enjoy the time we do have when we can.  You should see the string of pictures Crystal took trying to get one, but Danita was jabbering the whole time... LOL and we kept making faces as we talked.  On 2nd thought, you shouldn't see them - they weren't presentable!  hahaha!  I love that crazy girl!


Here's Anna taking pictures.  I have another one of her taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.  She's growing way too fast, seems like just yesterday she was just a little tiny bundle!


I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend.  I know I did!  Time with my Besties on Saturday and Sunday Brunch with my youngest son.

Have a great week!

Donna

5 comments:

  1. Best Mother's Day evah! Time with my ALL my girls, including family and friends. It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks Donna & Brittney for making the long trip down and making my weekend <3 to both of you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was wondering how it went!! So happy to see this post with your friends and the FUN time that you had! Great projects, Donna!!! :) Love the ones you chose to use for the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danita, it was an AWESOME time!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was so much fun getting to see you again. The travel time seems shorter each time which makes it all the more fun!

    Your order should arrive today!

    XOXO

    Lorri - I showed them the cute popcorn card you make and they loved that one too! Thank you for all your inspiration!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorri, that popcorn gift card holder was AMAZING!!! Your talent just blew us all away!

    Donna, watch what you say Girl, I'll hold you to it sooner than you might like ;)

    Love & hugs...Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such an awesome day!!! I wonder how Wilcox felt about my little "flash" dance? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors