Friday, May 17, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie... Red Polka Dot Bikini

Ok, so this should probably be a yellow polka dot bikini, but I loved my yellow papers too much and I ran out of yellow dots!  So, with Memorial Day and swimming season upon us, I went with RED.  

Can you guess how the bikini top was made??  Think about our punches and then think... well, I'll tell you farther down.  Suspense is good, right?  


This was so fast and easy and I'm really happy how it turned out.  Thankfully this DSP is still in the upcoming catalog, so I'll be able to make some cute summer cards with the traditional Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini!

I started with a base of Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4", layered on top is a piece of Night of Navy cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The next layer is Whisper White cut at 5" x 3 3/4" and then I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on just part of the Whisper White.

The ribbon is actually Midnight Muse, but it works really well with Night of Navy and Real Red.

Oh yes, and the bikini top... did you figure it out?  It's part of the Elegant Butterfly Punch!

Here is the full recipe:

Card Stock:  Real Red, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Ink:  Real Red
Stamp Set:  Really Good Greetings (w-130330 / c-130333) *
DSP:  Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (126902)
Ribbon:  3/8" Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon (126847)
Punches:  1" Circle (119868), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309) - leg cut out for bikini bottom, Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526), 2" Scallop Circle (non-su) so use the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle instead (118874).  That was an oops!
Etc.:  Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335)

* available beginning May 31st with the new Annual Catalog.  

If you would like a catalog and don't already have a Demonstrator, please email me and I will be happy to send one to you.

Thank you so much for looking in today.  I hope you saw something fun to try!

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend.

Hugs,
Donna

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! The butterfly bottom for the bikini top is pure genius! Adore the all American colors for the summer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEAL!!!! You are a genious!! Just ordered that punch and will be CASING! You are right, my yellow polka dot DSP is the first of the pack to go. THANK YOU FOR AN INCREDIBLE "KICK-OFF-SUMMER" card. Oh great now I can't get the song Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini out of my mind! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorri - I've been stuck with that head since I wrote this (last night) and now it's back again! LOL

    Danita - so many fun things can be done with punches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors