Monday, May 20, 2013

More Operation Write Home Card Samples

Here are a couple more of the cards I prepped for Operation Write Home.  Linda came up with the design on these using the papers she has and this is using some of the papers I have.  We're both wanting to use up our Color Collection DSP's because the 2013-14 Annual Catalog has completely new designs!





  • Start with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of solid card stock cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  This is the standard A2 size card we use for all our cards.
  • The next layer is 5 1/4" x 4" from the Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks.
  • Using the same color card stock as your base, cut two rectangles at 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".
  • Layer on top of the card stock your chosen DSP colors cut at 3 1/4" x 2 1/4"
  • Stamp your sentiment on Whisper White or Very Vanilla (whichever one goes with your DSP), punch with your desired punch.  For both of these cards I used the Large Oval (119855)
  • Selecting another card stock color from your DSP pattern punch out a mat to go with your sentiment punch.  For the top card, I used the retiring Extra Large Tag (119866) and for the bottom I used the Scallop Oval (119856).
I hope these fast and easy cards inspire you to make up some cards to send to your favorite charity or servicemen and servicewomen.  Remember, if you use a darker card stock for the base, to put a lighter color inside for them to write on back to their families.  The 2nd card is probably okay as is, but I cut some Baja Breeze to go inside to make it easier.

Have a great week.  Another Monday is upon us.  Make it a good one!

Hugs,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors