Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ditto Day Returns with Cheers Card

With the new catalog out and new projects inside, I decided it was time for a new attempt at Ditto Day.  A day where I make one of the cards or projects from the catalog.

This one can be found on page 36.  I actually was going to do this at a workshop, but decided since it was a group of newbies, that maybe fussy cutting the straw and the umbrella would be too much, so I didn't duplicate them for the card.

The hardest part of this card is fussy cutting the drink glasses and accessories, but as my BFF once told me, she loves to fussy-cut, she says it's relaxing... and you know, I have to agree, it's not so bad.  

The trick to remember is move your paper, not your scissors.  Have your scissors open to a comfortable position and slowly begin cutting, but as you cut, move the paper in your hand and hold your scissors in the same position and then just gently cut slowly around the image.


Stamps Well With Others' Recipe:

Stamp Set:  Happy Hour (w-132013 / c-126642)
Card Stock:  Coastal Cabana and Whisper White
Ink Pads:  Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie
Stampin' Write Markers:  Real Red, Gumball Green
Stampin' Dimensionals

Have a wonderful Father's Day and hug your Daddy extra for me and if your Dad is no longer with us, like mine, I trust he's looking down from Heaven and smiling on you and your family!

Thanks for looking in today.  

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. You...fussy cutting? And liking it? OMG...never thought I'd see the day, lol. Love the card! And the cutting is fantastic! I'm so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, smarty pants... I'm liking fussy cutting! LOL The cutting could use some work, but it was okay. I knew this would get a response out of you... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors