Thursday, June 13, 2013

Simply Sketched - Simply Beautiful

You really need to hold a workshop and earn the chance to get this Hostess Set - Simply Sketched.  I just LOVE all the uses for this set and it's so simple to work with with beautiful results.

I found this idea on Patty Bennett's website and simply had to make it.  I even commented on it to her on her blog and was pleased when she wrote back to me.  She was really pleased when I shared my version with her, that made me feel so good!  

What do you think?  Isn't this pretty?  I really like how it came out and it was really very easy.



  • Begin by cutting a mask out of cardstock with your Paper Trimmer.  I cut mine 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.
  • Next, using our Stamping Sponges (cut into wedges) sponge 2 colors of ink onto Whisper White (5 1/4" x 4"). I used Crisp Canteloupe and Pistachio Pudding.  Move your sponge in a circular motion for even coverage, beginning with your sponge on the mask and moving onto the Whisper White.
  • I stamped the leaves with Basic Gray, but stamped off TWICE before stamping onto the colors.  I believe the new Smoky Slate will be perfect without stamping off, but I haven't ordered mine just yet (new stamps were way more important!  LOL)
  • Stamp the flowers with Black StazOn and then carefully using our Sponge Dauber add color to the flower.
  • Using dimensionals mount the Whisper White onto Pistachio Pudding card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2" - scored at 4 1/4").  It also looks beautiful on Crisp Canteloupe.

Thank you for looking in today.  Have a happy Thursday!

~ Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors