Thursday, July 25, 2013

Masking Tape Stamping Technique

Have you seen the cool new way to ink up your cards?  I saw this the other day and thought what a unique way to stamp.  No two would ever be exactly the same.

It's a very easy technique and gives a bright new look.


This card is going into my workshop deliveries, so if you were at this past weekend's workshop, please look surprised when you open your new toys and find your thank you card there.  LOL

For this technique, you will want to use photo paper or a glossy paper if you have any from before it was discontinued.  I have loads of 4 x 6 photo paper that comes with my printer ink each time I buy the refill pack.


  • First, pick your colors.  I used three since this is just a little 3 x 3 card and wouldn't hold too much more.
  • Tear off some masking tape that is longer than the size of the card you are making.  Tear it in half, longways, so it's not too wide.  For a full sized card, you could keep the full width of the tape.
  • Carefully lay your tape across your ink pad, gently rubbing just a bit.
  • Gently attach the tape to your card.  Don't press down too hard or it won't come back up easily.  Do all three colors and then gently pull the first one off, then the 2nd and 3rd in the order you put them down.
  • Since it's on photo paper, it will dry very quickly.  
  • Stamp your sentiment of image over the top and attach to your card.  Easy Peasy!
Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna



1 comment:

  1. I saw this somewhere recently and meant to try it but then promptly forgot so now I can try to remember to try it again. Thanks for the (hopefully) memory jolt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors