Monday, July 15, 2013

Natural Composition DSP with Secret Garden

Have you tried the Natural Composition paper yet?  It took me a while to see what it was all about and now that I see how beautiful it is, I plan to be using it more.

Here's a beautiful card (with a few of my own changes) that I saw on Beth's Paper Cuts.  Since I don't have all the awesome 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim yet, I had to change the color to Strawberry Slush and I used Secret Garden Stamps and Framelits. I wish you could see the Dazzling Diamonds a bit better, it just didn't photograph very well.


Here's the details:

  • Begin with Soft Suede (I think Baked Brown Sugar would look great too) - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"
  • Cut a piece of Natural Composition DSP (126917)  5" x 3".  This DSP has several patterns to it, so be sure to pick the one with the flowers.
  • Punch a circle with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch (120906)
  • Using Sticky Strip (104294) attach a piece to the long side of the DSP and then attach a 5" piece of 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim in Strawberry Slush (130023)
  • Cut a 2 7/8" square of Whisper White (to go behind the circle you punched) and pop it up (or back) with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) from the DSP
  • Stamp your flower of choice from Secret Garden (w-131940 / c-129144) with Strawberry Slush Ink onto Strawberry Slush card stock.
  • Die cut the flowers using Secret Garden Framelits (129372)
  • Punch leaves from the Bird Builder Punch (117191) from Pear Pizzazz card stock
  • Use Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the DSP from the base card.
  • Stamp sentiment using Itty Bitty Banners (w-132022 / c-126257) and Die Cut with Bitty Banners Framelits (129267)
  • Use Dazzling Diamonds to decorate the flowers - be sure to let it dry completely!

Thank you for looking in today.  If you need help ordering any of the items listed above, please let me know. To make it easier to find when you're on my website, just place the item # into the search bar and it should take you right to what you want.

Happy Monday!

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. That is SO pretty, Donna! I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors