Friday, September 20, 2013

Flower Shop Congratulations

How do you save paper?  Have you ever punched out shapes you need for a card from the mat being used for that card?  No?  Well then, why not?  Rather than use a fresh sheet of paper or having to dig through scraps - use the "unused" paper that will be covered with another layer for any punched pieces you might need.


Below you will see where I punched the three 1/2" circles I needed for my flower centers.  That Basic Black sheet will be (or is) attached to a Whisper White base and will be covered with a Whisper White layer with the flowers attached.


The finished card is 6" x 3 " so it needed a special envelope which I was able to make quickly and easily with the new Envelope Punch Board!


The idea for this card came from Susan Itell from Simple Stampin'.  Thanks Susan!


Recipe:

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
DSP:  Brights Color Collection Paper Stack (130134)
Stamps:  Flower Shop (w-130939 / c-130942), Express Yourself - Hostess Set (w-130336 / c-130339)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Black StazOn 
Embellies:  Large Pearl Basic Jewels (125577)
Punches:  Pansy Punch (130698), 1/2" Circle Punch (119869)

Thanks for looking in today.  

~ Donna


1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. I have indeed done this several times when low on certain colors, both on cards and on layouts. Great way to conserve your fave colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors