Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gently Falling - Fall is around the corner... somewhere.

Living in Phoenix, AZ there's not a lot of fall colors when the temperatures finally do cool off but with stamps and beautiful inks from Stampin' Up! I can have fall leaves whenever I want.  I do have to admit that we do have two big pecan trees in our backyard that do change color and are so very pretty, but it's nothing like living where there are four seasons and changing fall beauty!

I've been wanting to play with Simply Scored for making some nice score lines on our cards and finally had a chance to this past weekend.  I really like the lines and how they came out.

This card was made with the clear mount stamps that I borrowed from Linda (thanks again Linda!) and while it's a little easier to place the two-step stamps using the clear mount, I have to say, I wouldn't want to make a large quantity using the clear blocks.  This is one really good reason why I prefer the wood mount stamps (at least until we can get all photopolymer stamps...lol).  With the wood mount, there's no need to swap out the clear blocks or have enough to have one for each stamp being used.


Here's my recipe:

Very Vanilla  card stock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" and 5" x 3 3/4")
Cajun Craze (5 1/4" x 4")
Stamps:  Gently Falling (w-128430 / c-123804), Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-128748 / c-127802)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, 
Tools:  Simply Scored (122334), Modern Label Punch (119849), Word Window Punch (119857)


To get your scorelines as shown on the card above:

Lay the smaller piece of Very Vanilla on your Simply Scored with the narrow end at the top.  Score at 1" and at 2 3/4".  Flip the card stock over and score two more times towards the outside in each of the next 1/8" marks.  This gives your scoring a little bit of "pop".  You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it and see it better.

Thank you for stopping in today and for following my blog.

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Puts me in the mood for autumn to really begin around here. Last night had a definite chill in the air!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors