Sunday, October 27, 2013

Label Framelit Window Card - Santa's List

Time for another Christmas Card.  I just love this Santa set.  He's just so old-fashioned looking and he doesn't require any coloring!  Just stamp him with the perfect color - in this case - Cherry Cobbler.

The idea from this card comes from Dawn Olchefske and a swap she received and modified from Founders Circle.  

I chose Santa's List for my card and added the Merry from the Expressions Thinlits Die.  You'll see here I tried it with two different sizes from the Labels Collection Framelits.  I believe the first card looks the best, with the bigger "window".  I also like the sentiment frame on the first one better.  The other one is too big and bulky for my taste.



Here they are side by side.  Which do you prefer?


The Santa is actually stamped on the "inside" of the card, but doing it this way there really isn't any place to write a Christmas greeting, so I did what Dawn did and made the inside a 2-page insert - basically a smaller card inside the bigger card so there's plenty of writing space.  I also added an inside sentiment to mine, since there's such a great one that goes with this stamp set.



Thanks to Dawn for sharing her card.  I sure love how this turned out!

Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Cherry Cobbler (8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"), Very Vanilla (8" x 5 1/4", scored at 4"), Gold Foil Sheets (132622)

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Stamps:  Santa's List (w-131808 / c-131811)
Extras:  Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Expressions Thinlits Dies (132171)

You can find everything you need to make this card on my website HERE.  If I can help you with anything, please let me know.  You can email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.   

Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you have a Blessed Sunday.

~ Donna



1 comment:

  1. Yes, top card is definitely the best. The proportions are just better. Love the whole card and am considering using this for my annual Christmas card now. I'm narrowing my choices and this is a serious contender! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors