Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wedding Bells and Golden Rings

Time for another go at a wedding card.  With the beautiful new Gold Foil Sheets in the 2013 Holiday Mini, it was so easy to make this card really shine!  This was really a fast and easy card.


Want to know how to make the gold outline?  I'll be happy to tell you!  I actually discovered it purely by accident.  I put two layers of Gold Foil sheets together to save time and was planning on cutting each in half side to side and top to bottom and then making the border.  When I pulled the gold foil off the framelit, I realized the pressure of the framelit made a nice impression that was just the right size for a border.  I took my paper snips and carefully fussy cut the frame and then placed the wedding bells - that were also cut with the same size framelit - inside the frame.

The wedding rings were made by first punching with the 1/2" Circle Punch and then over that punched hole with the 3/4" Circle Punch.  The "diamond" is made by cutting a triangle from the corner of the Silver Glimmer Paper.

Recipe:  

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Basic Black
DSP:  Modern Medley (126926), Gold Foil Sheets (132622) *if you prefer Silver (132178)
Stamps:  Embellished Events (w-126495 / c-126497)
Ink:  StazOn Black (101406), VersaMark (102283)
Extras:  Deco Labels Collection Framelits (130102), Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (109129), Heat Tool (129053), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Thank you for looking in today.  May you have a blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors