Saturday, November 16, 2013

Foiled Again

Have you tried the beautiful Silver or Gold Foil Sheets from the Holiday Catalog yet?  If you haven't, what are you waiting for?  These sheets are just beautiful and are perfect for some gorgeous Christmas cards.  The Silver also goes perfectly with the Silver 1/8" Ribbon, also from the Holiday Catalog.

For this card I started with a base of Whisper White 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  The Cherry Cobbler layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2", Silver Foil is 4 1/4" x 3" and Whisper White is 4 1/8" x 2 7/8" so there's just a very small sliver of silver.

I stamped the ornament onto Whisper White using Cherry Cobbler Ink and then trimmed around the stamped image removing all the white.

To get the most use from my Silver Foil paper I punched two ornaments out of the sheet because that will be covered with the Whisper White.  See picture below.



I could also have punched out other shapes, but I didn't have anything in mind at the time, so I just did the ornaments. 

Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamps:  Christmas Collectibles (w-131772 / c-131775), More Merry Messages (w-126400/ c-126402) Card Stock:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Foil Sheet
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Tools:  Christmas Ornament Punch (132152) ** or you can bundle and save 15% by purchasing the Christmas Collectibles bundle (w-133282 / c-133283)
Ribbon:  Silver 1/8" Ribbon (132137)

Thank you for looking in today.  Enjoy the weekend!

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. I admit...that foil takes a card to a whole new level. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! I love how the foil gives it a classy look.

    Thank you for the comments! I love hearing feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors