Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Swap Card - October 2013

It just occurred to me that I hadn't posted my card I made for this month's team swap.  I've had it done for a couple of weeks but of course couldn't post it until after the meeting.  So, here it is!

Since this was our last swap until January, I decided to think ahead and came up with Valentine's.  I could have saved it for January I suppose, but it popped into my head and had to be done!  

It looks difficult, but really was very easy to do.

Begin with a base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4" - I used Chocolate Chip for my base, but Early Espresso would look just as great.  The second layer is Crumb Cake cut to 5 1/4" x 4" and embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Be sure to make a 2nd layer that you cut into quarters if making multiples to place under the heart. The heart was cut using Hearts a Flutter Framelits.  Sponge the woodgrain with Chocolate Chip or Early Espresso.

Cut a small Real Red heart also from Hearts a Flutter.  Thread the Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine through the heart and wrap around the Crumb Cake layer.

Stamp "V" is for Valentine from the Occasions Alphabet and punch with Artisan Label punch.

Attach the smaller piece of Crumb Cake behind the heart cutout and then attach with Stampin' Dimensionals to the Base.


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Chocolate Chip (or) Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, (Very Vanilla for inside sentiment)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (or) Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps:  Occasions Alphabet (w-128688 / c-123598)
Tools:  Artisan Punch (130920), Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine (123125), Stamping Sponges (103954)
Big Shot Tools:  Hearts a Flutter Framelits (130159), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (127821)

I know we still have a lot of Christmas ahead of us, but hopefully you'll remember this card for when it is closer to Valentine's time.

You can find everything you need to make this card on my website HERE.  If I can help you with anything, please let me know.  You can email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.   

Thank you for looking in today - have a Blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this card. Please try to remember to bump this up when it's closer to Valentine's Day so I can make one like it for my hubby?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors