Friday, November 22, 2013

Tread Lightly - While Taking the Challenge

As I type this, we're actually getting rain in the Phoenix area!!!  Yayyyy!!  On Friday (when you will be reading this) we're expecting between 1" to 3".  I know this doesn't sound like much to some of you, but to those of us in Phoenix, that's flood water!  We sure need it here, so we're all delighted, at least I know I am.  I love the smell of fresh rain.

On to the card for today.  I needed a masculine card for a friend of mine and came up with this.  I think if I do it again, and I probably will, I'll also but a thin layer of Basic Black under the Silver Foil so it stands out like the other colors.

I used the Foil Sheets from the Holiday Catalog and ran it through the Big Shot with the Chevron Embossing Folder (127749).   Doesn't it look like tire tracks from a big old work truck or backhoe?  


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Silver Foil Sheet (132178)
Ink:  Cajun Craze
Stamps:  Remembering Your Birthday (w-131347 / c-131350)
Extras:  Chevron Embossing Folder (127749)


Remember the Challenge

Are you working on the challenge I offered up earlier this week?  Be sure to email me or post a comment on the original post HERE.  I've been going through my swap cards that can be used for great cards.

If you aren't sure what to make, stick with the basics:  Birthday, Love You, Thinking of You, Just Because.  These can always be used no matter where they go.

If you choose to make cards for Operation Write Home, be sure to check their guidelines for making and sending cards.  This is crucial to the safety of our soldiers.

Thanks for looking in today!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors