Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snowmen, Elves and Snuggets, Oh My

Saturday was the last workshop for my monthly group of stampers and even though it was a small group (so much going on this time of year!) we had a great time and made some really fun projects!

Of course you've seen the cute Elf Feet (now in a proper Christmas container!) and the large snowman made from the Envelope Punch Board, but have you seen the adorable little Snuggets?  Aren't they just the cutest little snowmen you've ever seen!?


Here's a picture of all the ones we made today - so fast and easy.  You may be thinking, now how in the world did we knit those little hats and scarves.  Well, guess what - we didn't!  I went to the 99 cent store and found several different colors and and two different styles.  

Simply cut off the fingers of the gloves - 10 little hats for less than a dollar!  Yayy!  The normal knit gloves work the best, you can roll the edge up and it will stay.  The fuzzy gloves are a little harder to work with, but they look so cute.  They don't really roll, but you can roll it up the best you can and then hold it in place with a glimmer brad.  You can also decorate by attaching a piece of ribbon with a small glue dot or use a little of the fluff from the fuzzy gloves.  Worked great!


I changed up the Washi Tape on the Punch Board Snowman (see middle snowman) and I think it looks just as good as the others, don't you?


The middle one is put together with a York Peppermint Patty and stands up on its own.  The first two made with the fundraiser candy really won't stand up at all. 

Here's Mary with her Elf Feet... I'm not sure she understands they don't go on your ears, but they sure do look cute!  Great Picture Mary!  You'll see Mary chose to use the zig-zag DSP for her "stockings" on the elf.


Here's Linda with her Elf Feet.  She chose to use the red striped side of the DSP - I think it turned out great! 

Jackie used the zig-zag also, but she was claiming "bad hair day" and wouldn't let me take her picture this time.  Next time Jackie, next time!

 

Thank you for stopping in today!  I hope you have a blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. DARLING projects Donna! LOVE those little Snugglets!!! I am going to have to put those on my to do list!!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorri and Stefanie! They were so much fun to make. Thank goodness because I need to make more! LOL - I put the ones I had into a tin for my Mother-in-Law and hubby took them up there today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors