Monday, January 20, 2014

Masculine Monday

I saw these great little wrenches on Pinterest, by Jessica Lewis, and just had to have a go at them.  There are actually two versions, but I like the first one you see here best.  It was my second attempt.  In my first attempt, the wrenches were too small and I didn't have enough of a border with the basic black.

Let me know what you think, which do you prefer?

These were very easy to make and it's one of those things that makes me think "why didn't I think of that!?"  Good grief, I used to be married to a mechanic, something so cute never crossed my mind.  That is certainly the great thing about sharing with so many other talented women (and men) who create with Stampin' Up!



Yeah, this one doesn't do a thing for me, ugh!  What was I thinking?  LOL


Here are the measurements for making the wrench - the larger one in the first card above.  Start with a 3 1/2" x 1/2" strip of Basic Gray.  First punch the itty bitty scallop and the punch over that scallop with the 3/4" Circle Punch.  Punch the 1" Circle and the attaching it to a post-it note slip it into the Word Window Punch to make the open end of the wrench.

Notice the little snippet taken from the end of the 3 1/2" strip?  I punched it with the 3/4" circle, just to keep the end of the strip from showing under the small scalloped end.


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red
Ink:  Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red
Stamps:  You're My Hero (w-130306 / c-130309)
Punches:  1" Circle Punch (119868), 3/4" Circle Punch (119873), Word Window Punch (119857), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Extras:  Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), 3/8" Glimmer Brads Basics (121003)

Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Happy Monday!

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. O...M...G...those are so freakin' cool!! Love these cards!!! Both are awesome but yes, I like the top one the most. Perfect card for my hubby for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both, so cute and easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! You've made my day leaving a comment!

    Danita, I think any tool we could put on here would be perfect for your special handyman hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards, need to save for those masculine cards that are sometimes hard to come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors