Saturday, February 15, 2014

Folded Window Card and Easter Blessings

While most of the country is buried in snow, Arizona is dealing with record highs in the 80's - yikes!  At this rate, we may not get Spring and I'm afraid of what Summer will hold!

So, let's do a little Spring for those who are making snow angels and tired of the pretty white stuff and for Arizona who whizzed by Spring in early January!

This pretty card idea comes from Dawn Olchefske, where she got it from her friend Kelly Acheson.  I think it's beautiful and while it looks complicated, it is really very simple.


Begin with Whisper White card stock cut at 9 1/2" x 5 1/4".  Score at 2 1/2" and 5 1/2".  Fold as shown below - like a "Z".  Using your 2 1/2" Circle Punch, place the small fold in just past half way through and punch.  You may want to use the table for leverage, since it's a hard squeeze.  Regular card stock will be too thick, so you'll want to use either our Whisper White or Very Vanilla.  The base behind the Whisper White is Strawberry Slush cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".

Emboss the small flap with your favorite embossing folder.  I used Perfect Polka Dots.  The stamp used here is single wood stamp from the Occasions Mini called Blessed Easter.  The words are actually part of the stamp, but because I love the tulips so much, I wanted to use them for something other than Easter, so I cut the words off and placed them on the block away from the flowers.  My preference would be to put them on a separate block, but I didn't have any spares.


Stamp the tulips with Black StazOn and then stamp over the flower using the Happy Watercolor stamp smudge.  I used Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight and Pistachio Pudding.

Dress up the left hand flap with Strawberry Slush 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Ribbon.  Be sure you don't stretch it as you put it down.  I adhered mine with double-stick tape for a solid hold.


This card can be used for so many things.  I see a few of them in my future card stash!

Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors