Thursday, February 20, 2014

Something a Little Different

Can you see anything different in the way this card is created?  When you see it (or read about it below) I think you'll love it as much as I did.  I spotted this on Too Cool Stamping by Angie Leach and CASEd the concept but used a whole different color scheme and stamps.  Plus I made some plain that can easily be turned into anything I need.

This is really simple to do and it gives you the look of a dark card base but an inside that is light and perfect for stamping or writing inside.

This card uses a  base of Tangerine Tango cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Then cut a piece of Very Vanilla 8" x 5 1/4" scored at 4" and adhere to the base, centering it so you have an even border all around.



The border accent is started with a piece of matching card stock (Tangerine Tango) cut at 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" then punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402) which works perfectly with the 5 1/4" length.  Cut the DSP at 1" x 5 1/4" and adhere to the card stock.


Now you can stamp directly on the card front or stamp and layer like I did here.  You can see I made extra cards with other card stock that matches the DSP.


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Retro Fresh (132993)
Stamps:  Perfect Pennants (w-133227 / c-133230)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana
Dimensionals

Thank you for looking in today.  Have a great Thursday, the weekend is almost here!

~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. Love these cards, and the idea of having some blanks on hand for when you need a quick one to make! Definitely going into my idea file. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danita! Always like being able to find something you want to make - when you get settled again, that is. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors