Monday, March 3, 2014

Peaceful Petals Popping Through

I spotted this card a while ago, done by Cindy B. and just knew I had to play with it.  I love the way the flower pops out of the punched hole and since it is water colored, it is even more fun.  Coloring is just so relaxing to me and with the water color paper it is ever changing.  No two are ever the same!

So simple and so pretty at the same time.


I began by stamping flowers from Peaceful Petals onto watercolor paper with Black StazOn ink.  Then coloring them in with my Aqua Painter and various inks by painting from the lid of the ink pad.  Then enjoyed some t.v. with the hubby while cutting them out (I stamped and colored several to make more cards).

The card begins with Baked Brown Sugar card stock and then stamped the front with the Woodgrain background stamp from the annual catalog (pg. 5).

The next layer is Very Vanilla - cut at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" and punched with 1 3/4" Round Punch and then I arranged the flowers in and around the opening.

Using Sassy Salutations, I stamped "Feel Better" on the front with Calypso Coral which matches the color of the flower on this particular card.  This is such a fun stamp set and can be used on so many cards.

I hope you like this card as much as I did when I first spotted it.  I plan to make more using different colors of card stock.  I think it will be really pretty with the variety.

Thank you for looking in and have a great day!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors