Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sweetbriar Rose for a Sweet Lady

FIRST of all - don't forget that this fabulous Designer Series Paper sale ends Thursday - don't miss out on purchasing 3 packs and choosing a 4th one absolutely free.  That's a $10.95 value!
 
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1999?dbwsdemoid=2115415


This is one of my favorite stamps to color with the Blendabilities, but I could never figure out how to fill up the white space behind it.  Then today I spotted this idea on Sandi MacIver's blog and was instantly thrilled with it.  Gorgeous Grunge strikes again!  Isn't it a great filler for all that white space?  I inked the smallest specks with Calypso Coral and with Wild Wasabi (separately of course!), stamped it off first and then onto the card so it was just a light smattering.

I changed up the card itself by making my base Wild Wasabi instead of Whisper White, which I think is just to thin to stand up on it's own, so mine has some extra layers to it.  I also covered the "Sweetbriar Rose" with my happy birthday sentiment. 



Inside I stamped the matching sentiment that goes with the outside one from Petite Pairs.

 
 
Thank you for looking in today.  Click on any item below to go to my store for shopping!
 
Hugs,
Donna  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors