Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Beautiful Balloon

The lyrics "Wouldn't you like to fly in my beautiful balloon..." come to mind when I was thinking of what to call post.  Of course, this isn't the type of balloon you would hitch a ride with, but it is big and beautiful!

This was actually the first "balloon" card I made a couple of weeks ago and then put it aside until I could make more, which I finally did.  I love the simplicity of this and I remember seeing it on someone's blog or Pinterest post, but I'm afraid I don't remember now who it was.  If it was you, please let me know so I can give credit.
 

 
 
This was the first card I made tonight (Friday) for posting and decided to make it a little more fun by making the statement "happy age awareness day" instead of "happy birthday".  When you see inside, there's a perfect sentiment to match! 
 


After making the Calypso Coral and the Real Red ones, I felt like something was missing and decided to decorate the balloon's surface with a swirly stamp from the same stamp set and to drop the balloon down a bit, so it had a bit of a mat to it.  Much better, don't you think?


Here's another one in Rose Red.  I wish the colors would show up better on the computer, but you get the idea and if you know your Stampin' Up! colors, you know how beautiful they are!


Here's a close up of the Rose Red.  One of my favorite colors.


HERE is the inside sentiment, and honestly, there is a couple of good ones in this stamp set that can make for some funny cards.  I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for FUN cards with silly sentiments.  My best card purchasing customer is the same and I have several I need to make up this weekend for her, so a couple of these will be perfect!


Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors