Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ten Cards - No Stamping Details, Details, Details

I promised in the previous post to give you more details to make these fast cards using the Hello December Project Life Card Collection (135831).


For this card, I matted the "lets be jolly" with Lost Lagoon at 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".  All the small cards are pre-cut to 3" x 4" making them quick and easy to mat and pop!

The Cherry Cobbler stripes come from cutting a piece of card stock 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and then gently scoring them with my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586) and then cutting into strips using my Stampin' Trimmer (126889).  Add a little bling to the stars and you're all set!



The background for this card comes from the All Is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper (135823) that I had left over from a previous project.  The ribbon looks striped for some reason in this photo, but it really isn't.  Click on the picture to make it bigger and clearer.


Fa la la la la is backed with Whisper White and snowflake DSP from Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack (135824).  I added Frosted Sequins (135835) to both this card and the one above.  I dare you to use up all the sequins in this set.  There are approximately 450 of the little shiny disks and snowflakes!


Here is the easiest one of all.  Trim the Cherry Cobbler "Happy Holiday" down to 5 1/4" x 4" and place it on a card base of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  Add some bling and done.  OR... how about using the white Signo Gel Pen (105021) and draw some dashes and dots around the edges. 


I think this is one of my favorites.  Just trim this one down on each side and mat it with Pear Pizazz after tying on some Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon (135839).  I attached it in the back and then took a second piece of ribbon and tied it into a nice bow knot and attached it with a glue dot.


So there you have the first five.  Come back tomorrow to see the other five cards. 

These are just so much fun and easy to do.  I think I need to get some more!

Thank you for looking in today.  Take a minute and let me know what you think.


~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is so darn clever. I am now looking at those project life kits with new eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me TOO!!!

      Thanks Sue! I'm really excited about doing this class. I have 8 people signed up and can hardly wait for my stuff to arrive to start cutting and getting ready!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors