Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Watercolor Background

The other day I spotted some beautiful watercolor pictures and I thought "what a beautiful background" that would make for a card, so I started experimenting. 

This ended up being my favorite combination.  So Saffron and Pink Pirouette.  I took our re-inkers and placed a couple of drops into my paint pallet and then added some water.  Mixed it together with my paint brush (about 1/2" wide brush). 

Using watercolor paper I wet the brush with water and painted it across the paper.  Then I dipped it into the Pink Pirouette and gently brushed across the damp paper.  Cleaning the brush I then did the same thing with the So Saffron.

 
Let the paper dry completely and then stamp with your desired sentiment.  Here I used the Another Thank You Photopolymer stamp set. (136835)

Give this simple technique a try and see what your favorite is.  Post a comment and share your discovery!

Thanks for looking in today - be sure to check the Weekly Specials!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors