Saturday, November 15, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Meets White Christmas

Curvy Keepsake Boxes are everywhere!  All you have to do is check out blogs and facebook pages and of course Pinterest!

 
Most of them are "punch art" style with little or no stamping so I'm here to add some stamping to some of my Curvy Keepsakes.  I'm also here to save you some time and frustration.  In my head, I figured on cutting one die with DSP and the 2nd die with Whisper White.  Stamp on one side of the Whisper White and then glue them all together.  Guess what?  That was so wrong!  The die cuts in an "L" shape so when you place two pieces together you don't have opposite colors back to back, but rather side to side.

The solution:  Cut two (as you would for any time you're making a Curvy Keepsake Box) using your DSP of choice.  Then take a small piece of Whisper White (or whatever solid color you will be using) and cut out just the rounded top side - as shown below.


Trim at the score line so you only have what will be the front of your box.  Stamp on this piece and color it however you like.  Remember to curl it with your bone folder, as well as the four other sides of the DSP.   Using your adhesive of choice - I used our Tombo liquid glue for a tight bond.

 
 
Fill your box with whatever you want and you're all set with some cute little table gifts or place setting markers.  So Much Fun!
 

Thank you for coming in today. 

Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors