Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Birthday Star!

Time for a birthday card for a guy friend!  I should have probably mailed this sooner with so many things being mailed this time of year, but I think it will arrive in time!  (fingers crossed)
 
This was a quick and simple card.  It actually took longer to die cut the stars than putting it together. 
 
For the stars, I used the star die from the Circle Card Thinlits (133480).  My star punch was too small and sadly I don't have the Stars Framelits (133723), but I still would have had to cut one at a time since the glimmer paper is a little thick to do 2 at a time.
 


The "happy birthday" is from Endless Wishes (137553) Photopolymer Stamps.  Did You Know... you can find all of our Photopolymer Stamps by clicking on the link at the top of my blog "Photopolymer Clear Stamps".  Since Stampin' Up! releases new sets from time to time, they aren't all available in the catalog, so be sure to check them out.

Our newest set is Snuggles and Smooches.  Valentine's Day will be here before we know it!

I added a little something extra to the envelope (even though it's hard to see the envelope with my white background - sorry!).  Also from the Endless Wishes set.  So many things to be done with that great set!


I cut the card at 11 x 4 1/4 and scored it at 5 1/2 folding at the top.  This way I could wrap the ribbon around the card.  The ends of the ribbon are covered by the star panel.  Tricky, right?  

The stars are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals as is the star panel.  Inside it says "celebrate" also with the Endless Wishes stamps.
 
 
Thank you for looking in today.  This is my last day "off" from the office, so back to the grind on Friday... except it's our Office Christmas Party, so it will be a fun fun day!  Besides, I need to get back to the office to rest.  Three days at home running errands, finishing shopping and making cookies and treats (which will be done today) is wearing me out!  ha ha ha!

Have a Happy Thursday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors