Thursday, February 5, 2015

Best Birthday Ever

When I first saw this Designer Series Paper (DSP), I immediately thought of birthday candles!  Then I saw a card by Kay Kalthoff and knew I wasn't alone!

This is so easy, you'll want to try it as soon as you can, just like I did!  Simply cut a portion of this DSP in between the rows.  If it's a specific birthday age, you could count the number of candles needed for that birthday.  Take your paper snips across the top of the "candles" to give them heights instead of having a straight line.


For the "flame" I used the little leaf from Perpetual Birthday Calendar (137167).  I actually cut the leaf that I wanted to use out from the set.  Since they are Photopolymer, it is very easy to see right where to stamp and when you want to use the whole stamp again, you can simply stick that leaf back onto the block when stamping.

I just LOVE being able to alter the Photopolymer stamps!

The "Happy Birthday" comes from Remembering Your Birthday (w-131347 / c-131350).


The base of the card is Bermuda Bay, then Night of Navy for the mats.


Inside, I stamped "enjoy the fuss" from Big News (w-134015 / c-134018)

Don't forget to add some color to your envelope flap.  I know we have the great envelope liner framelits, but most people cut the top of their envelopes and possibly never see them.  So, I prefer to decorate the outside.


I hope you enjoyed this new way to make some easy candles.  If you don't have a stamp that can be used as a flame, keep in mind, you can always ink one it with our markers.

Happy Friday-Eve.

~ Donna

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors