Monday, March 9, 2015

Craft Room Upgrades

This last week, I've spent a lot of time tossing, dusting, shopping and re-arranging my craft area.  It's so nice and organized now that when I made cards last night, the only thing I had to get up for was my ink and paper!  It was AWESOME!  Everything else was at my finger tips.


This disaster zone is where my stamps, ink, ribbons scrapbooking stuff was all stacked and impossible to find what I wanted.  The more stamps I bought, the worse it got.  Not going to stop buying stamps, so I had to do something!

 
Now my ink storage sits where the stamps were stacked in stackable boxes.  My scrapbooks and future scrapbooks are stacked to the right (or behind, depending on where you are standing).


This is now the view from my dining room (where I actually do my crafting).  I'll show you a picture of that when I finish getting that tornado zone cleaned up!  You know how it is as you sort and toss, the things that survive end up somewhere before they are assigned a home, right!


The top shelf has flower stamp sets, then shapes and things with hostess sets at the far right.  The 2nd shelf has the words stamp sets and kids and babies at the far end.  The bottom holds stamps that are still in the old style boxes.  I'd change them into new boxes, but I'm used to finding them in those so that's how they stay.  I'm a creature of habit I suppose! 

Also on the bottom shelf are the Photopolymer stamps that aren't in the catalogs, the ones that are introduced each month.  I need to make name labels for them, but at least this is a good place to find them.


Now, if you thought the previous Before area was bad, take a look at this!  To the right is my dining table where I sit to create.  To the left (straight ahead) is a water rack that came with our Sparkletts water delivery, but we never used it to hold the bottles because it was easier to store them on the ground and slide them into the cooler.  So, I used it to store my My Paper Pumpkin things and hold a basket for my adhesives and what I was currently working on.


 
 
Below... divine!  I found this great shelf at The Container Store.  I bought it planning to put my stamps in it, but I didn't have the measurements for the space between the shelves, and since it was on clearance, there was no way to see one to figure it out.  It was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up.  Original price was $189.00 and on sale for $54.00.  Couldn't leave it behind and now I'm really glad I didn't!
 
On the left side I have the stamps that are from the current Occasions Catalog and next to them are the Sale-a-Bration stamps.  The little brown box holds my Washi Tape; the purple basket has my lotion, lip gloss, birthday book and assorted things I use regularly.  In front of that a brown basket with my "back of the card" stamps, a bottle of "Green Glue" and a few Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
 
The baskets on the left side, from the Dollar Tree, hold my Ribbons, adhesives, pierce mat and silicon mat, sponges and daubers.

 
The baskets on the right hold our stamp boxes each with their own items:  Tacky Tape, Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Pearls, Piercer and small Pierce Mat, Shaker Frames, Glue Dots (the individual squares kind) and Scor-tape.  Great to grab and go; a box with my ziplocks, plastic bags, etc., one has note pads and old calendars or notebooks and the last one has CANDY! 
 

On top I have my little cubes by Recollections that hold my clear blocks, Blendabilities, spare Blendies, tape, Stampin' Dimensionals, envelopes, pins (for holding ribbon onto the spool) and my label maker.
 
 
 So, there's a quick run through my upgrades.  More pictures will follow when I get the rest of it cleaned up, which has to be in the next day or two because I have a workshop this Friday!  Yikes!

Thanks for looking in today.  Have a wonderful week!

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. hey donna my name is cindy and I too have a craft room that is a disaster. Its a organized disater. It just looks bad and Im overwhelmed. I just dont know where to start. Any suggestions on where to start. I just have so much stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors