Saturday, March 21, 2015

Love You More Than Chocolate

One of our newest Photopolymer stamp sets is Lovely Amazing You and it was love at first sight when I saw the "love you more than chocolate" stamp!  I knew there was a perfect use for this one and could hardly wait to use it!

I want to show you how something as simple as a little bow made out of Thick Baker's Twine can make the card completely different. 

Here is the card I made and when I was ready to photograph it and post it, I realized it was missing something.


So, I added this little bit of Strawberry Slush and I couldn't believe how much difference it made.  What do you think?
 

Recipe:

Pistachio Pudding Base:  8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4" - I used this "minty" color for a chocolate / mint candy look
Chocolate Chip:  5" x 3 3/4"
Irresistibly Yours 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Chocolate Chip (chocolate bar): 2 1/2" x 2 1/4"
Chocolate Chip (chocolate bits):  1" squares cut in half

Sponge the edges of all the chocolate pieces with Chocolate Chip ink
Sponge over the Irresistibly Yours with Chocolate Chip, fading it as you go up.

Stamp the sentiment with (wait for it) ... Chocolate Chip Ink on Whisper White card stock
Die cut the sentiment with the Circles Framelits - the fifth one up from the smallest
Punch a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch
Pop up the circles with Stampin' Dimensionals

I'll bet you have someone special in mind to give this sentiment to.  I know I do and it will be going there very soon!

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

If you are reading this in an email, please click the title of this posting to go to the blog and you will be able to see the items used in this project and be directed to my store!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. How did you get the chocolate chip cardstock to look like a candy bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the chocolate chip cardstock to look like a candy bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - thank you for asking.

      Chocolate Chip (chocolate bar): 2 1/2" x 2 1/4"
      Chocolate Chip (chocolate bits): 1" squares cut in half

      Sponge the edges of all the chocolate pieces with Chocolate Chip ink.

      Thank you for writing! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask or email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors