Friday, April 3, 2015

A Tisket, A Tasket...

I wanted to give a little something cute to my boss for Easter and decided I wanted to make her one of our cute Berry Baskets.  I wanted it to be a little stronger than just with card stock so I checked out our Clearance Rack and found that Under The Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper is still available there for $5.19 - quick go grab some!

The Under the Tree DSP is extra heavy for making boxes and is perfect for making these cute Berry (aka Easter) Baskets.  I cut out the DSP and some of our pretty papers from Sale-a-Bration - Cut two of each using the Berry Basket Bigz Die.

 
At first I glued the pretty DSP to the entire piece of cardstock DSP and found it didn't fold and line up very well.  So on my second attempt (the one shown in this post) I only glued the bottom of each section together and then glued the two together but didn't use glue any where else.
 
 


After putting the basket rim together, I stapled it to the top edges and they lined up perfectly.  When I glued them, they didn't line up well at all. 

I made a bow with the Bow Builder Punch, using the leftover DSP and added it to a doily that I folded over the edge.

It's empty for now, but on the way to work tomorrow - after my dreaded blood draw - ugh! I plan to stop and find something cute to put inside.


Thank you for looking in today.  If you are traveling for the Easter weekend, please be safe and remember the real meaning of this special holiday.


Happy Easter Weekend!

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors