Friday, April 10, 2015

Painted Petals and Washi Tape

I spotted this beauty on LeeAnn Greff's Flowerbug's Inkspot as a swap card by Mary H. and fell in love with the softness of the stamping and the boldness of the black matting.

My Washi Tape is different from what Mary used, but it was what I had.  Apparently I don't have much of the current Washi Tape - going to have to remedy that after making this card!


Have you ever wondered how to get the Washi Tape lined up perfectly straight?  Here's how I do it.  I lay my card stock down on my Grid Paper and making sure it's nice and straight, I then lay a piece of Washi Tape down lining up with the grid lines.  That makes lining up the rest of them nice and easy as well.  Then simply lift off the Grid Paper and wrap it around the back of the card for a secure fit.


Recipe:

Pistachio Pudding base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Basic Black 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

For the Whisper White for stamping, I started out with 4" x 3" but found it was too big after stamping and cut them down to what looked good.  I think the "thank you" card looks the best.  The Whisper White is 3" x 2 5/8" and the Basic Black is 1/8" larger at 3 1/8" x 2 3/4".


Stamp the flowers from  Painted Petals with Crisp Cantaloupe and the leaves with Pistachio Pudding and stamp the sentiment with Memento Black.





Thank you to Mary H. for making this great card and to LeeAnn Greff for sharing it.  I was drawing a blank on what to create and needed some inspiration!

Thank you for looking in today!  I'm so happy it's Friday because tomorrow we're having a workshop and that means a day of stamping with friends!  No better way to spend a Saturday!

~ Donna

If you are reading this in an email, be sure to go to my blog to see the items used in these cards.




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors