Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Curvy Keepsake Graduation

How's this for cute!?

I spotted someone else make a Mortarboard (Graduation Cap) from the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits.  Good News... these thinlits are IN the new catalog!  Wooo Hooo!


I didn't see any instructions, so I made up my own.

Once you've made the box using Basic Black card stock (or whatever color you may use to match your graduates' school colors.

Cut the top of your cap into a 3 1/2" square.  Make a slice with a craft knife in the center of the square.  Make it no longer than 1 3/8" long.  The outside edge of the slice is approximately 1 3/4" in from the corner.  


Slip the top over the handles and tuck under the handles so it stays in place.  That is why you want your slice no bigger than 1 3/8" wide.  If it is too big, it won't stay tight.


 Make a tassel with 1/8" Taffeta ribbon.  I wrapped mine around a two inch wide strip.


Then tied another piece of ribbon around one end as tightly as possible.


Snip open the loops and cut to desired length.


Attach to cap with a mini glue dot and top it with a pearl.


Heat emboss your favorite sentiment on top.  Seems so many kids now decorate the top of their Mortarboards so their families can find them in the sea of caps and gowns!


Fill them with treats for your graduate, maybe cash?  Wouldn't that be fun to find inside!

Now, off you go to make some before it's too late - don't miss your special graduates!

Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors