Saturday, May 2, 2015

Kentucky Derby Hats

Today is Kentucky Derby Day as well as my May workshop.  So, I wanted to make it a fun and special day and bring the Derby Theme into it.

Each of the girls will receive one of these at their seat.  I've got a special lunch menu planned as well making mini Louisville Hot Browns.  Pictures tomorrow after the party.


These were fairly easy to make and I think they will make a fun addition to the tables tomorrow!


I cut the outside brim of the hat using the scallop circle from the Circles Collection Framelits.  Then using the 4th Circle up from the smallest to the largest I cut out matching DSP.

I cut it from a 1/2 sheet of card stock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at one end. The remainder of the card stock is used for underneath.




Decorate with ribbon, flowers, whatever you have to make it beautiful!


I just realized I don't have a picture of how to put the back together, so I'm going to share the video with you that I used to learn how to do the treat door.  This is Dawn Griffith and her video.  The trick for doing the door starts just before the three minute mark.  Big thanks to Dawn for her video!


Thank you for looking in today - if you watch the Kentucky Derby - I hope your horse wins!  

Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors