Monday, June 1, 2015

Butterfly Basics and the chance of a Class

Are you as happy as I am that the Butterfly Basics and Butterfly Thinlits are carrying over to the Annual Catalog (that starts in TWO days!)?

I fell in love with the Thinlits immediately, but wasn't as keen on the stamps.  Fast forward to seeing everyone's great cards with both and I picked up the stamps too - once I found out they were going to carry over.  That way I could keep them and use them for the whole year.


I spotted this basic card by Brandy Cox and really liked it.  I decided it needed more color and a change in color for the butterfly (she used Bermuda Bay) so I decided to change my butterfly to Rose Red and added a piece of cardstock behind a second piece of Whisper White.  I love the way the added border really makes the card "pop".


Some of them say Happy Birthday outside with Sending Wishes Your Way inside and others I swapped places for the sentiments.  I actually made 12 cards rather quickly and really love how they turned out.


I'm thinking of doing a 10 Cards in 20 Minutes class if I have enough interest.  If you aren't local but would like to make this card as a 10 Cards in 20 Minutes Class by Mail, we could work that out too. Let me know if you would be interested.  A class by mail would include the purchase of the stamp set and thinlits dies if you don't already have them, plus shipping.  For now, I'm looking to see if there is an interest, so please comment below if you would be interested.

Thank you for looking in today.  Can you believe it's the first day of JUNE already??  Make it a good one!

~ Donna

5 comments:

  1. I used to love this card but it ended up costing me SO much when I went shopping on your website that I may end up disliking it, lol. Just kidding...sorta, lol. I love it, and I love you. Thanks for the retail therapy today. This set will make tons of lovely cards, along with all the other goodies I bought today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'd participate in the class if you decide to hold one! Long distance of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will LOVE the set forever! I know you! There's nothing like some retail therapy with friend, heals all, except for the credit card... LOL

    Can't wait to see what you make with your purchases. If I do a class, you'll be on the top of the list and you will already have the stamp set! Yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interested in a class by mail. I live in Prescott. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      Email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com so we can discuss details, such as if you need the Stamp Bundle and Inks necessary.

      Thank you for your interest!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors