Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sponged Emboss Resist with Garden in Bloom

I picked up this technique from Angie Leach.  I added some ribbon and changed up the sentiments as well as the measurements, but the technique is what makes the card.  Thank you Angie!  Great fast, fun card!



Recipe:
Base:  Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Mat:  Island Indigo - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Top:  Soft Sky - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"

Mat:  Hello Honey - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Top: So Saffron - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"


Play with different color combinations to see what you like.  These are the two I have so far.

Begin with your lightest color and stamp the outline flower from Garden in Bloom with VersaMark and then use our White Embossing powder and heat gun to set up the powder.
Tip from Angie:  For even spacing, stamp the images across the card stock diagonally, then fill in the outer edges following the same diagonal slant.

For the Soft Sky / Island Indigo card begin by lightly sponging the Soft Sky into the petals, then add Island Indigo to the centers and just the inside centers of the petals.  I used our Sponge Daubers for easy sponging.



For the So Saffron / Hello Honey cards, I used So Saffron ink and Delightful Dijon for a darker inside.

To make the banner, I used a one inch strip of Whisper White and punched the end before stamping my sentiment.  I wanted just a small border, so I cut another strip of 1 1/8".  The next size on the Banner Punch is 1 1/2" but all you have to do is center your strip between the markers and you'll be just fine.



Thank you for looking in today!  Have a Happy Thursday!

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors