Thursday, September 17, 2015

Let It Snow.

Here is another fun card made using the Happy Scenes / Hearth & Home Bundle (140853).  Have I mentioned how much I love this great window?  I've been hoping for a very very long time that Stampin' Up! would put this in our collection.  I hope it lasts beyond the Holiday Catalog!




Recipe:

Card Base:  Soft Sky - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Layer:  Night of Navy  4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Behind the Window:  Whisper White 3 1/4" x 2 1/2"

Tips and Tricks:  To be sure you stamp the "snowflakes" in the corner of the window, lay the window over the Whisper White piece.  Put a small dot in the corner with a pencil.  Also, make a small dot where you want your trees to line up.  I decided by where I wanted the top of the largest tree to be.

Since the stamps are Photopolymer, you can see exactly where the dots are you mark and can easily stamp perfectly.


I also added a little bit of Soft Sky with my Sponge Dauber around the snowflakes and the sky and a little bit on the snowy hill.


Unlike yesterday's card (if you missed it, you can see it here), I bumped the window frame up off of the scene to add dimension and depth to the window itself.


Thank you for stopping in today - I hope you'll come back again tomorrow!

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors