Friday, September 18, 2015

Silent Night Sleigh Ride

Here are two different versions of the same card using two different techniques.  Which one do you prefer?

I CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything) from Tami White a week or so ago and am finally getting to posting this.

The first one was done with Tami's technique of using the brayer.  I don't think I have very good brayering skills.

This one I did with Sponge Daubers, trying to get the colors to blend a little better.  I kind of like them both now, because looking at the top one, the light blue line kind of looks like another hill in the distance with the dark color being the sky.

The "silent night" was stamped with VersaMark and then Silver Embossing Powder and heated with the heat gun.  Sadly, these pictures don't show the shine at all, but it's there and it's fabulous!  Trust me!  :)

The stars are also stamped with VersaMark and then used White Embossing Powder and the heat gun.  After inking the blues, simply wipe over the stars with a soft tissue to make the white again.


Did you notice the great little "shadow".  This is my favorite part of the card!


To make the shadow, die cut the sleigh and horse out of Night of Navy and carefully attach it to the Whisper White.  Isn't that a great effect?



Now, I bet you're wondering why I'm showing you these ornaments cut out of the Silver Foil Paper.  Well, I firmly believe in being frugal, especially when it comes to our Foil Paper.  Why waste an entire quarter of paper when you can die cut some beautiful ornaments from the center.  No one will ever know (unless they're reading this too!) so you can save paper and create other fabulous cards or projects at the same time.




If you have any questions about the process, please let me know.

Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you have a Stampy Fun Weekend!!

~ Donna


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors