Saturday, October 31, 2015

Barnyard Babies Hogs and Kisses

Now for something a little different.  We've been doing Halloween, Fall and Christmas, so I thought I'd break it up a bit with something soft and different.

I spotted this concept on Brian King's Blog and fell in love with the Hogs and Kisses as much as the colors.  I believe Brian used Blushing Bride and Basic Gray, but I wanted Pink Pirouette and Smoky Slate.



Both cards start with a Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272) 
Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
The "dotted" layer is also the same sizes on both:
  Smoky Slate - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" 
  Subtles Color Collection Pink Pirouette Dots (138437) - 4 5/8" x 3 3/8"

The rest of the Recipe for 3 piggy card above.

Smoky Slate - 4 3/8" x 2 3/8"
Whisper White - 4 1/4" x 2 1/4
Pink Pirouette - 4 1/4" x 1 5/8"
Smoky Slate - 4 1/4" x 1 1/4"


Remaining Recipe for 3 1/2 piggy card above:

Smoky Slate - 5 1/8" x 2 3/8"
Whisper White - 5" x 2 1/4
Pink Pirouette - 5" x 1 5/8"
Smoky Slate - 5" x 1 1/4"




Using Smoky Slate ink, stamp the piggy onto Whisper White cardstock and stamp again onto Pink Pirouette cardstock.

Punch the white piggy with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and Fussy Cut the Pink Piggy - you will cut off his pink piggy tail but it will line up with the white one when you glue it down.

1 1/4" Circle Punch - Whisper White 
1 3/4" Scallop Circle - Pink Pirouette
1 3/8" Circle Punch - Smoky Slate




I like the 3 piggy card best.  I didn't like stamping a half of a pig on the first attempt! 


Thank you for looking in today - have a safe Halloween tonight and don't let the little goblins eat too much candy!

~ Donna

To see the items used, click the links below.  If you are reading this in an email, then go to my blog to see the scrolling list.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors