Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Painting with Bleach

I tried this technique almost three years ago now and haven't tried it again until our Team Meeting this week.  I'd forgotten how fun and beautiful this can be.  If you missed the first attempt, click HERE to see it.

This was our quick Make & Take from our team meeting on Monday night.  

Crushed Curry - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Soft Suede - 5" x 3 3/4"

The Soft Suede is stamped and embossed with Basic Black embossing powder and then painted in some areas with bleach.  YES, I said bleach!  Just add basic bleach to your Aqua Painter and gently paint the areas you want to lighten.


Each cardstock will give you a different lighter color, so be sure to experiment first and be absolutely sure you have some newspaper and paper towels under the cardstock you "paint" onto.

Also, before you assemble your dried / painted card, remove the newspaper and paper towels so you don't lay your fresh cardstock in or on the bleach and ruin something you don't want bleached.



Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors