Thursday, October 1, 2015

Punch Art Witches Hat

I'm sure you've seen these around other blogs by now from some of the Demonstrator's who went to Founder's Circle.  My upline, Lorri Heiling, brought hers back and showed it to us at our team meeting last Monday and I just had to make some!


Start by making a pumpkin using the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits (135853).  Stamp some lines for a pumpkin effect.  I used Gorgeous Grunge (130514).  Stamp on a face and you're ready to go.  I actually don't have a current Jack-o-lantern stamp, so I drew mine on with a black sharpie.

On to the hat... 

Begin with a 2 1/2" Circle (120906) punched from Black Glimmer Paper (139605) - punched in the middle with the Word Window (119857).  *** HINT *** punch the Word Window first and then center the Circle Punch over the Word Window.

Also, punch two trees using the Tree (135859) punch.  Attach the trees together at the top with a glue dot (103683).


Attach a Glue Dot on the sparkly side of the trunks and attach as shown below:



Fold the Spider Web Doilies (139622) in half and snip out a small section in the middle to line up with the Word Window punch out under the hat.



Attach the spiderweb under the hat lining up the holes so it will fit over the pumpkin.  I used Liquid Tombo, but I also recommend the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  You're going to LOVE that new adhesive! 


Using the Bow Builder Punch (137414), make a cute little bow and attach it to the top of the hat.  So cute!




In case you put the adhesive on the wrong side of the spiderweb, (yes, I did that!) you will notice that the web looks cute on top of the hat as much as on the underside!


To purchase any of the items I used on these projects, you can go here and SHOP NOW.

Thank you for stopping in today!  

~ Donna



2 comments:

  1. LOVELOVELOVE!!! I just cut a slit instead of using the Word WIndow punch, that works too. GREAT JOB and I love Gorgeous Grunge on the pumpkin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (Lorrie?) These are just so cute! I hope the Curvy Keepsake Box stays forever, too many great things to make with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors