Monday, November 16, 2015

Curvy Keepsake Christmas Bulbs

When I first spotted the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Die, I immediately thought it was a Christmas Bulb.  Then I found out it was a box and was really surprised and of course love it as an adorable tool we have in our line up of great products.

On SplitcoastStampers there is a video tutorial for making today's project.  Since I don't yet do videos, I've made a pictorial tutorial (say that three times fast!) for you to see.  I've changed up some of the measurements because it just made more sense to me and I changed up the way to make the bottom of the bulb since the punch that was used on Splitcoast is retired for Stampin' Up.


Begin with a piece of cardstock 11" x 3 1/2".  Place the Curvy Keepsake Die as shown below.  This way you can make two full bulbs with a whole sheet of 11" x 7" sheet of cardstock.


Here is how the two cuts will fit on your 1/2 sheet of paper:


Trim off the portion that overlaps.

So that it looks like this:

Score 1 1/4" from the bottom of the bulb.  The dotted line will be where you will score across.

Fold on the score line, add Liquid Tombo Glue or Tear and Tape and place the two pieces together.  Be SURE the bulbs line up straight.  The bottoms you are attaching together will not be straight so you want to be sure your final product lines up properly.



Make the base:

If you have the retired Square Scallop Punch, you can use that by cutting a piece of Gold or Silver Foil paper 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" and slide the small strip into the punch and punch off just a small bit off of each end.) 

Since that punch is retired, I found a way to make three bases fairly easily.  To make three bases of the bulb use the Scallop Square from the Squares Collection Framelits.  

Begin with a piece of Gold or Silver Foil Paper 12" x 2 3/4". Place the Scallop Square at the edge of the paper on two sides.  Run it through the Big Shot.  You will be able to cut another piece left from the remainder of the 12 inch piece. 


Turn the foil paper around and line the side scallops up carefully with the framelit scallops.  Be sure to have a visible strip of paper along the bottom so that you get a clean scallop. 

Line the scallops up on your Simply Scored tool (this is why it was necessary to make sure your scallops lined up when cutting them) and score from one end to the other.


Place the scalloped piece onto your trimmer and slice off the very end so you have a clean edge.

Cut the remainder of the pieces into 1 1/4" sections.  You will have a small piece left at the other end. 

Place Tombo Liquid Glue or Tear and Tape as shown below and place the  gold base on each side.


Decorate with tags - also from the Curvy Keepsake Box set of dies.

Inside you can adhere your favorite treat.  Maybe a nice Ghirardelli chocolate square or two or three! 
Use your white gel-pen to make a reflection on the side of the bulb.


If you have any questions about these instructions, please let me know.  I will be happy to answer any questions.  I think you will really enjoy how this turns out.

Thank you for coming in today.  I'd love to hear your comments.  Would you take a moment to leave a comment for me?

Happy Monday!

~ Donna

If you are a subscriber to my blog, most likely you receive my blog posts in your email.  If so, you may not be seeing everything that is available.  The other day I posted a YouTube video from Stampin' Up! and when the email came to me (yes, I subscribe to my posts at a different email address, so I can see how they look to you.)  There was no video in the email, but it was on the blog.


To see the full blog post, simply click on the Title at the top of the email and you should be sent to the blogspot page.  Then you should be able to see any videos posted as well as the supply list I often place at the bottom.  Give it a try!

See Stampin' Supplies Below:



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. I love this project!! I am a Christmas bulb fanatic (almost as bad as candy corn in the fall). Great project Donna, you do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorri! I always thought this die should be a Christmas Bulb! Love how it turned out. Now I just have to get videos going! :)

      Delete
  2. Too darn cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thank you so much for taking the time to send a comment! It's always good to hear from you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors