Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oh Come All Ye Faithful...

It's time to get serious about Christmas cards and getting them ready to send out.  I have several here and there ready to go, but really need MORE!

So, here's one I made from a card I spotted by Brian King.  I love his simple layouts and bold borders.  I changed up the colors and added some of our pretty gold thread.


Recipe:

Base:  Early Espresso - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla - 5 1/4" x 4"
Early Espresso - 4 1/2" x 2 1/4"
Crumb Cake - 4 1/4" x 2"
DSP - Sweet Li'l Things


I stamped the image onto the Sweet Li'l Things Designer Series Paper (DSP) and onto Shimmery White card stock.  I used an aqua painter to color with ink from the lids of Blushing Bride and Marina Mist.  I also used Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight.  Then with some fussy cutting I cut out the watercolored image and attached it to the stamped image on the DSP.


I punched the DSP images with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and Early Espresso was cut using the Circles Framelits Dies.


I wrapped Gold Metallic Thread around my fingers several times and attached it to the back of the Early Espresso circle with some tape and then popped up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Inside Sentiment:

Thank you for looking in today.

Don't forget to shop the Online Extravaganza before it is over!

~ Donna

If you are a subscriber to my blog, most likely you receive my blog posts in your email.  If so, you may not be seeing everything that is available.  Recently I posted a YouTube video from Stampin' Up! and when the email came to me (yes, I subscribe to my posts at a different email address, so I can see how they look to you.)  There was no video in the email, but it was on the blog.


To see the full blog post, simply click on the Title at the top of the email and you should be sent to the blogspot page.  Then you should be able to see any videos posted as well as the supply list I often place at the bottom.  Give it a try!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors