Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Love is in the Air

This looks like it is complicated, but really it wasn't so bad and the outcome is worth a few minutes to make this beautiful card.


I began by die cutting the heart from the Bloomin' Heart Thinlits Die in Crumb Cake and Garden Green.  I then cut out the little extra flowers from the die set in Pink Pirouette.  I snipped some of the leaves from the Garden Green and glued them over the Crumb Cake where they fit in and I attached the Pink Pirouette flowers over the flowers on the  Crumb Cake.

A little tip... make sure you have the flowers lined up before you add the glue.  They look like they fit more than one way, so lay the pink on cut out first and then pick it up and add glue to the Crumb Cake.

Recipe:
Crumb Cake 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Garden Green 5" x 3 7/8"
Rose Red 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"

The sentiment is from Bloomin' Love which comes as a bundle with Bloomin' Heart Thinlits.  You always save 15% when you purchase the bundle, so be sure to look for them in all of our catalogs!


Add some Rhinestones for bling on the flowers and you have a beautiful card ready to send.  I think this one will be an Anniversary card. 


Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Tuesday - remember to check out the Weekly Deals!

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna - pretty card! I still have not decided if I really am enthused about this thinlit. I like this one esp with the leaves added on there. Pretty color choice too. Maybe it is just the whole Valentine type of thing. I am not really big into that holiday. Or, maybe this thinlit is just a little too fru-fru for me? I think the lucky couple celebrating an anniversary will love it! The rhinestones are a fun touch to the flowers too. Thanks for the tip on the gluing of the flowers.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors