Monday, February 15, 2016

Bring Back Birthdays

I made a stack of cards on Sunday so I'm ready to start mailing Birthday Cards out to Friends, Family and Customers.  I'd love to send you a card too on  your special day.

This is all part of Shannon West's (from Stampin' Up!) #imbringingbirthdaysback campaign.  I think it's a fabulous idea and I want to do it too.  



If you would like to receive a birthday card from me on your birthday (US Residents only please), email me your name, birthday (month and date) and your address and I'll be happy to send one to you.  It could be one of these, or something I've not yet created.  The fun is in the surprise!


Recipe:
Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Soft Suede - 5 1/4" x 4
Designer Series Paper (Birthday Bouquet) 3 7/8" x 3
Soft Sky / Watermelon Wonder cardstock - 3 7/8" x 2 1/8"

Pool Party 3/8" Glitter Ribbon - 14" - tie in a knot and then trim off the extra

The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from You're So Lovely and the Ice Cream Cone and the Balloon (inside) is from Honeycomb Happiness.


I know that the color in the Designer Series Paper is Pool Party and that's what matches the ribbon, but for the ice cream on top of the Watermelon Wonder, I chose to use Mint Macaron as it seemed like a better color for ice cream!  You could even add some chocolate chips with the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Marker.

I just love this ribbon.  It is so pretty and is so easy to work with.


Thank you for looking in today.  This will be my 3rd day off celebrating President's Day tomorrow. I miss the old days when we had two days off in February - Lincoln's Birthday and Washington's birthday.  Oh for the good ol' days!

Happy Monday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Yummy card! I had some cappuccino almond fudge frozen custard Saturday. Sort of a Crumb Cake or Taupe type color - might not look the best on the card but it was really good. I wish they would sell just single sheets of this DP as it is so much fun for birthdays and other things. Great job as always. I have to work my few hours this afternoon. Mike is off though. We have plumbers here today working on the water line.

    Oh Donna, if you like ginger cookies - go to Susan Itell's post yesterday for the best cookies that mail so well. Plus she has a card she stepped up that is gorgeous.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had me at "cappuccino almond fudge"! I bet it would look fine on a card if you add a splash of color and I would think most colors would go with it.

      I follow Susan, so I'll go see that one (I'm behind on my emails from yesterday.) Ginger cookies sound good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors