Monday, April 11, 2016

Awesomely Artistic Thanks

Time for some Thank You cards.  We can all use "thank you" cards and so many people should use them way more often.  I can remember always taking the time to write a thank you note when I receive a gift for a birthday, holiday or for anything special that needed that little bit of thanks.


Today's card took a couple of renditions to get what I wanted, but I think I've got it now.

Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock  - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Watermelon Wonder - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"

Ink:  Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake
Butterfly - Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral


Stamps: 
Awesomely Artistic (wood - 138694; clear mount - 139950)
Butterfly Basics (wood - 138813; clear mount - 138816; photopoly - 137154)
One Big Meaning (wood - 138788; clear mount - 139420)
Watercolor Wings - (photopolymer - 139424)



My first round of photography, I realized I didn't add the pearls, so these pictures below are before adding the pearls.  What a difference it makes!



Yep, definitely needs the pearls! 


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Monday!  (yep...  it's Monday again!) ~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I like these. It is sort of fun to see the thank you on the one card being up in upper right hand corner. These could be a good basic card that you could change the colors and the sentiments easily. Or, even go two toned. Say Mossy Meadow leafy part with crumb cake maybe blothes. Definitely would be fun to play around with. Then, a simple tilt one way or the other for the butterflies. One could play all day with this idea!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! You know, I was thinking the same thing as I was making them. I could make them in other colors and leave them blank for the sentiment and then use them for whatever I needed.

      I did find that the best starting place though for making them was by putting the sentiment on there first. Otherwise, I found myself stamping over areas that needed to be open.

      The leafy part was tough. I need to try it again by using a post it as a mask instead of paper. I didn't get as good of an image as I wanted.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors