Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy, Happy, Happy to You!

In keeping with the #imbringingbirthdaysback theme, I wanted to make some more fun birthday cards to have.  I purchased the cute little Party Punch Pack (140608) from the Occasions Mini but I didn't get the stamp set that went with it.  I really loved the little punches, especially the balloon.


So, when I went to use it, I wanted a fun way to add some color easily.  So, I stamped the dotted balloons from Balloon Celebration (140675) with Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron and then punched them out with the tiny balloon punch.  I actually used two for each balloon on the card front.  I placed one down flat on the paper and then popped up a second one with the same color with a Stampin' Dimensional.


Cute, right?  I love how it stands out with a ballot a little bigger than in the paper and the Stampin' Dimensional lifts it up and helps it pop even more.


Recipe:

Base - Mint Macaron - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"
It's My Party Designer Series Paper Stack - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Whisper White - for sentiment - 2" x 1 1/2"
Melon Mambo - 2 1/8" x 1 5/8"


The sentiment stamp comes from Amazing Birthday (w-134225  / c-134228) as does the birthday cake stamped inside. 



 Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!  ~ Donna

  



4 comments:

  1. What fun cards and I love how you used the little balloon punch! The inside is so cute too with that little stamped cake! You are having too much fun with these birthday cards! I used the little balloon punch at our card club but she didn't have the little cupcake one out - I think that would look pretty cute too. The "ballot" as you called it is a great touch - sounds like you are still at work calling it a ballot! Made me smile!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe I typed BALLOT! I was reading your post thinking "what in the world is she talking about?" so I had to come to the post to see!

      Obviously I had work on the brain when I was typing this at 10 p.m. from HOME. Oh that's funny!

      Thank you for making me laugh at my own silliness!

      Delete
    2. Who knows - maybe you coined a new stamping word(s) like "sentiment ballot" or something. I thought it made me smile when I saw the word ballot - maybe you were thinking like bullet points with the words Happy Birthday each time? AT least I can't be accused of not paying attention! I like reading the "recipe" per se about cards I like to find out what they used if I can't identify something.

      Chris R. from Iowa

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you like the Recipe. No reason not to share all the details. I know I don't like having to figure them out on my own if I'm CASEing someone, so I always try to include them, unless it's really late at night and I'm just too tired.

      The only excuse for "ballots" was that has been embedded in my fingers for typing all the emails I've been answering! :) Still makes me giggle!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors